Devenir tracks health savings accounts in the credit union industry closely through NCUA filings and variety of other sources. Below are some key points from our Q4-2015 analysis.
Key Credit Union Numbers
- $1.18 billion – Total HSA deposits held at credit unions totaled $1.18 billion as of 12/31/15, up 18% year-over-year.
- 3.9% – HSA assets held at credit unions represent about 3.9% of the overall HSA market.
- $2,257 – Devenir estimates the average HSA balance at a credit union is $2,257 as of 12/31/15, up 11.2% year-over-year.
- 817 – There are 817 credit unions holding HSA deposits as of 12/31/15, up from 810 credit unions a year ago. There are 21 credit unions that each held at least $10 million in HSA deposits as of 12/31/15.
- 52% – The 25 largest HSA deposit holders among credit unions hold 52% of all HSA deposits at credit unions.